This course aims to help architects, developers, colorists, and other specifiers understand which current popular exterior colors to continue using, which new colors to begin introducing, and what combinations will ensure successful palettes. The major design shifts in current U.S. regions as well as the cultural and consumer influences behind color trends will be referenced for the purpose of enhancing the knowledge course participants have regarding the color trends for the coming years.
- Identify market radar cities, associated growth trends, and new color palettes trending within each.
- Explore current leading exterior color trends that will continue to be important over the next few years.
- Compare and contrast current leading exterior color trends with the emerging exterior color trends that will become increasingly popular in the next 3â€“5 years.
- Examine the cultural and consumer trends that have influenced both current and rising exterior color trends.
- Identify how the 2:1 ratio of colors used in exterior color palettes is influenced by cultural and consumer trends.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledge of exterior building products.