This On Demand CEU is a recorded presentation from a previously live webinar event. Thermal bridging has been recognized as a significant factor in building envelope heat loss and yet traditional construction practices have not effectively addressed many of the causes. Building Better with Thermal Breaks will identify areas most susceptible to thermal bridging and offer solutions that will minimize those heat loss conditions. Designing structural thermal breaks into buildings will improve the comfort, safety, durability, and reduce the environmental impact.
- Understand what thermal bridging is and how it effects energy transfer.
- Discuss U-values, R-values, K-value, and terminology related to heat loss in buildings.
- Identify challenges, strategies, materials, and applications for continuous insulation.
- Assess causes and effects of condensation in buildings.
- Explore increasing ASHRAE standards, LEED v4.1, and tax incentive help.
Pre-Requisite: Basic knowledge of thermal bridging.